Friday, April 18, 2008

April 18


Got kind of a late start, I was pretty sore this morning. I guess our clever rodent hang wasn't even really necessary since the holes turned out to belong to small bunnies. We spent a while filtering water from Cottonwood creek, and began hiking around 9:15. Saw some really cool rock formations, especially by the end of the canyon that Kitchen creek flows through. We saw a few runners along the trail and crossed paths with our first fellow through hiker, an older guy called Sly who had a pretty strong Northeast accent. We had a nice afternoon, Joanne called Steve and her parents. I startyed getting a blister but taped it and it was fine. We camped by a wonderful full and lively stream in Long Canyon but I didn't sleep very well, I think I ate too much rice noodles and my sleeping spot was too slopey.

No comments: