Sunday, April 27, 2008

April 27 2008

Got up at 5:30 and took a freezing cold shower, ate breakfast, and packed my new ULA pack, which was a full pound lighter than my Osprey pack! We caught rides to Warner Springs and hung out there for a few hours taking naps in the shade and I ate a lot of watermelon.
I got my marmot jacket back, which was a relief.
We started hiking again around 2, and camped around 4:30 -- a nice short day! Camping early gave me time to explore and enjoy Agua Caliente Creek. Dinner was great -- I created a recipe I call "ocean potatoes" that involves kelp flakes, garlic powder, instant potatoes, and tuna that tasted marvelous. Then Casey read us a bedtime story -- an autobiographical book about a buddhist monk and his ideas about how to live compassionately.

No comments: