Wednesday, April 23, 2008

April 23 2008




My favorite day so far, we hiked with Casey down to the Barrel Spring water trough, then through shady canyons full of dramatically branching live oaks and across wide open breezy flowering meadows in sunshine. We played on Eagle rock, a boulder formation shaped like an eagle with its wings spread open, and took pictures. I found a geo-cache and took from it a Hawaiian Christmas ornament for Nicole, my eventual sister-in-law, and a rubber lizard that matched my shorts. I crawled through a hollow tree and got covered in ants ( they have a very particular odor that they emit when in attack mode, FYI) and we saw cows.
When we got to Warner Springs, around 3ish, Casey went into town to see if he could get a deal staying at the resort, and Joanne and I camped in the wash by the designated camp area that turned out to be private or something. We spooned & giggled and talked, ate our quinoa (it doesn't cook so well using our cozy method) I saw a lot of miner's lettuce along the trail -- I think I might eventually start a 'bag o greens" once we get into lusher environs. I called home and wished my Dad a happy birthday when we first got to the wash, and found out that my Mom was able to get so many tomato plants from the seeds she started from the heirloom tomatoes I got from Commonground Fair, that she's donating some to sell to raise money for the library.

1 comment:

Jaker said...

I am the first post!! happy trails, wishing i was there....
lake