Monday, April 21, 2008

April 21 2008



A long walk today. Yesterday we went 15 miles, I started developing blisters on the balls of my feet. Ths morning they hurt so I taped them and they seemed better by the afternoon. We met a few southbounders and a northbounder named Erik D who gave us a lot of good advice and was fun to talk to. He said there are good burgers to be had in Idyllwyld and Agua Dulce. Paradise Cafe he recommended "El Diablo" burger. 12 miles today altogether, not counting the little detour we made down the highway by accident since we weren't paying attention and missed the trail. I mostly wasn't paying attention because I'd just taled to Dan on the phone and he'd told me that he and Glenn will be sstartin a band this summer called "Alex Chiu and the Immortals" Glenn will play guitar and Dan will play Bass. Hilarious and awesme. I kind of wish I could be there to hang out and be a groupie. Oh well. Found a nice sandy flat camping spot nestled into the side of a hill and took an early stop for the evening. Looks like it's going to be an amazing sunset. Finally in the desrt proper, with blossoming cacti and such : lovely. Still pretty breezy, which is nice.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yeah, Alex Chiu and the Immortals definitely have that effect. not paying attention, staring dreamy eyed, etc.

heheheheh. this is very cool, Andrea. a 21st century trail jopurnal.